The return of the pangol tuna
I mentioned a few posts ago that Devon has recently figured out how to take off her diaper, much to everyone's dismay. After I picked her up from my mom (she spent the day in Oakland with her) and we went home, we had a little water play (which generally means splashing in the sink while I do the dishes or sticking her hand in the water sprayer while I water the yard -- or in the case of tonight, both). I stripped her down to her diaper for this, since the last time we watered the garden her clothes were so wet we had to hang them on the line for 2 days.
So anyway, shortly after getting down to her skivvies, she had taken them off for a little frolick au natural. I had driven to work today (usually I take the train, but since Walt's in Florida this week, I'm stuck driving the whole week) and made a little dash to Trader Joe's (something akin to a cheapie foodie's Mecca for those of you who don't have one in your 'hood). The Mountain View TJ's had the Thai tuna that Walt and I had been eating for a while before the SF store stopped carrying it, so I loaded up on about 15 boxes of it (it's in those shelf-stable packets -- great earthquake food for those of you in earthquake zones, it's just open a pack and eat).
As Devon was enjoying running around the house in the nude, and while I was just praying that she didn't pee on anything that couldn't be cleaned, she found this paper bag full of the TJ tuna. In no time she had thrown all of the boxes out on the floor and then spent at least the next 10 minutes stomping all over them. Apparently there was something irrestible about the boxes, and they got quite a workout. Luckily the actual food packaging (the foil stuff) is petty sturdy, kind of like civilian MRE packaging, so that is fine; but the boxes themselves are all crushed. I took a couple of funny pictures of her stomping the boxes in the nude; I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to download pix to my PC.
So anyway, shortly after getting down to her skivvies, she had taken them off for a little frolick au natural. I had driven to work today (usually I take the train, but since Walt's in Florida this week, I'm stuck driving the whole week) and made a little dash to Trader Joe's (something akin to a cheapie foodie's Mecca for those of you who don't have one in your 'hood). The Mountain View TJ's had the Thai tuna that Walt and I had been eating for a while before the SF store stopped carrying it, so I loaded up on about 15 boxes of it (it's in those shelf-stable packets -- great earthquake food for those of you in earthquake zones, it's just open a pack and eat).
As Devon was enjoying running around the house in the nude, and while I was just praying that she didn't pee on anything that couldn't be cleaned, she found this paper bag full of the TJ tuna. In no time she had thrown all of the boxes out on the floor and then spent at least the next 10 minutes stomping all over them. Apparently there was something irrestible about the boxes, and they got quite a workout. Luckily the actual food packaging (the foil stuff) is petty sturdy, kind of like civilian MRE packaging, so that is fine; but the boxes themselves are all crushed. I took a couple of funny pictures of her stomping the boxes in the nude; I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to download pix to my PC.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home