...On Little Cat Feet

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Poo, poo

Devon was in great spirits this evening. She was very animated and chipper, and she was absolutely wolfing down food. I'm seeing this as a sign that her stomach ailment is over at last and she's making up for lost time in the eating department. Walt had bought what he called "hippie cheese doodles" (aka "natural" Cheetos), and she was stuffing these in her mouth like she couldn't get enough. I think this will be the first and last time that she gets those, however, since even the hippie brand is clearly in the junk food category. But later she went on to plow through dinner, pasta with pesto, which she also loved (generally any pasta dish is a thumbs up for her).

This morning as we were leaving, Devon saw her swimsuits (2) and immediately grabbed them. "Poo, poo!" (pool) -- she hasn't cottoned on to the idea of "swimsuit," but she definitely knows that you wear a swimsuit when you go to the pool. She wouldn't let go of them, so I just bundled her into the car set carrying her swimsuits, one in each hand. Walt later said that Elaine told him that she had carried both of them around for the entire day; she took them to the playground, had lunch with them and only finally dropped them late in the day (when she stuffed them in one of the dollhouses at Elaine's). I think we're going to have to go swimming this weekend so we can fulfill the pool wish...

On an unrelated topic, Walt walked on the new floors today and said they look terrific. I peeked through the window the other day, and from that vantage point it looked like it was coming along very nicely -- the new floor in the kitchen is especially lovely (although anything would be better than that hideous linoleum). The only problem is that the new floor in the kitchen is higher than the old one (the new wood is obviously a lot thicker than the old linoleum), so the swinging door only opens one way now. I read that it's incredibly difficult to rehang a swinging door, so we'll have to examine it carefully and see if Aaron can work on it. We'll have to do something, though, since we don't want it to scrape up the new floor - and I'd like to be able to have the door swing both ways. I'll post a couple of photos of the new floor if Walt takes some this week. The painter is supposed to start on Monday, so if all goes well, he'll be in prepping the place in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home