Pratfalls
Just a quick post, since I had to drive to San Jose tonight after work and just now got home. I orginally drove in because I was planning to buy a light fixture from a woman on Craigslist who lived in San Jose. As you might have noted from my previous rant, we're really having a hard time finding good light fixtures that don't cost an arm and a leg. This fixture looked good from the photo, and she only wanted $45 for it, which is a downright bargain compared to the stuff we've been bidding on on eBay. Then when I got into work this morning and called her, she told me she had sold it to someone else. Argh. Back to square one. But I was already down there with the car and had planned to have dinner with my friend Caroline (who lives in San Jose) anyway -- so here I am now, up after my bedtime with an extra-long ride under my belt.
I didn't see Devon at all tonight, since I got in well after her bedtime. Apparently she was having a great time at Elaine's when Walt picked her up. He mentioned that when he came in the back gate (all of the kids play in the back yard after the wake up from their naps, so if you go in through the back, you run right into all of them) and Devon saw him, she took a look at him (to make sure he was looking) and then did a rather theatrical pratfall onto the ground (Elaine has rubber tiles all over the backyard, so kids can flop down outside with no problem). Walt said that then he "fell" down next to her, whereupon she burst out into huge giggles. It's funny that he mentioned this, since when I picked her up the other day, I experienced the same thing -- I came in through the gate, she made sure that I was looking at her, and then she did a big flop on her belly. It seems like a standard kid-issue attention grabbing technique -- and I've no doubt that this is probably the first of many...
Walt finally took a couple of shots of the new floor. First, just as a reminder, here's a shot of the old (pre-finished) floor:


And here are the all-new, refinished floors:

I didn't see Devon at all tonight, since I got in well after her bedtime. Apparently she was having a great time at Elaine's when Walt picked her up. He mentioned that when he came in the back gate (all of the kids play in the back yard after the wake up from their naps, so if you go in through the back, you run right into all of them) and Devon saw him, she took a look at him (to make sure he was looking) and then did a rather theatrical pratfall onto the ground (Elaine has rubber tiles all over the backyard, so kids can flop down outside with no problem). Walt said that then he "fell" down next to her, whereupon she burst out into huge giggles. It's funny that he mentioned this, since when I picked her up the other day, I experienced the same thing -- I came in through the gate, she made sure that I was looking at her, and then she did a big flop on her belly. It seems like a standard kid-issue attention grabbing technique -- and I've no doubt that this is probably the first of many...
Walt finally took a couple of shots of the new floor. First, just as a reminder, here's a shot of the old (pre-finished) floor:


And here are the all-new, refinished floors:


3 Comments:
The floor is gorgeous!! All of this pain you're going through will really be worth it in the end!
By
Jim Sailer, at 8:26 PM
I'm sure it will be; frankly, I'm just salivating at the idea of a dishwasher. The day I can stop washing baby bottles and nipples by hand is going to be a glorious one!
And thanks about the floors; we're really happy with them as well. I suppose it helped that they really couldn't get much worse looking in the pre-refinish stage. They were so worn that there were literal trails worn into them and the finish had been worn off, so there were swathes of gray, non-finished wood everywhere the old tenants didn't have furniture.
By
Devon Szalva, at 9:44 PM
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
By
Anonymous, at 6:46 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home