Watcha doing?
Devon is getting more and more verbal and is starting to create "sentences" now. I say that with quotes, because while she's communicating more complex thoughts, she hasn't grasped the nuances of a full sentence. Quite recently she's picked up the question of "what are you doing," although her version is, "Wha doing, Dadda?" Today when I came home from work Aaron and Walt were working on installing the (formerly) missing cabinets, and Devon kept coming into the kitchen asking, Wha doing, Dadda?" as Walt was wrestling a cabinet into place or sawing a hole for the fan in it.
She's also picked up the phrase "See you later," probably from Elaine's. Aaron stayed for dinner tonight, and as he left she said, "See you later!" She kept confusing Aaron and Bob (another one of Walt's friends who's been coming by to help on the apartment), so I think she lost some points with Aaron there. It's really exciting to see her stringing words together much more coherently and generally copying what you say as a way to learn it herself.
We have almost all of the cabinets installed (two left to go) and the hood was also put in today. Walt wired it up, so it sounds like it's working, but the hood isn't connected with the vent, so it's really only an illusion. It definitely has good suction, though, and it's really nice to have a light over the stove (we didn't have a hood a Glover St., and it's amazing what one can see with a light directly over the stove). Walt is chomping at the bit to try the grill on the stove, but I think it's going to be a few days before we can give it a whirl. We also can't find the drip pan for the stove; it's lost in the chaos of cordless drills, saws and other equipment currently taking up space in the kitchen.
The room is starting to look like a real kitchen now that most of the cabinets are up. Of course I've now decided that the bin pulls we purchased are the wrong material, so we'll have to wait a while on the hardware (even after we find a painter for the new cabinets). I also realized a while ago that I got knobs for the doors that are probably too small; but they were so expensive for round 1 that Walt doesn't have the patience for me sending them back again (and we could only return half, since we had installed the others). Oh well, I guess it's something for me to note in the next one along with the bin pulls and a myriad of other details.
She's also picked up the phrase "See you later," probably from Elaine's. Aaron stayed for dinner tonight, and as he left she said, "See you later!" She kept confusing Aaron and Bob (another one of Walt's friends who's been coming by to help on the apartment), so I think she lost some points with Aaron there. It's really exciting to see her stringing words together much more coherently and generally copying what you say as a way to learn it herself.
We have almost all of the cabinets installed (two left to go) and the hood was also put in today. Walt wired it up, so it sounds like it's working, but the hood isn't connected with the vent, so it's really only an illusion. It definitely has good suction, though, and it's really nice to have a light over the stove (we didn't have a hood a Glover St., and it's amazing what one can see with a light directly over the stove). Walt is chomping at the bit to try the grill on the stove, but I think it's going to be a few days before we can give it a whirl. We also can't find the drip pan for the stove; it's lost in the chaos of cordless drills, saws and other equipment currently taking up space in the kitchen.
The room is starting to look like a real kitchen now that most of the cabinets are up. Of course I've now decided that the bin pulls we purchased are the wrong material, so we'll have to wait a while on the hardware (even after we find a painter for the new cabinets). I also realized a while ago that I got knobs for the doors that are probably too small; but they were so expensive for round 1 that Walt doesn't have the patience for me sending them back again (and we could only return half, since we had installed the others). Oh well, I guess it's something for me to note in the next one along with the bin pulls and a myriad of other details.

1 Comments:
I am constantly amazed at the things that come out of the kids mouths. I don't even know where they pick up most of it. Especially Chirag. Did you know that he can count from one to twelve (seems like a feat for a two year old) but he can only count in Spanish!
We were at a Japanese restaurant on Saturday, so it is me, my Chinese wife and our mixed kids and suddenly Chirag started to count the fish in Spanish. People standing around us did not know what to make of us. :)
By
Anonymous, at 12:19 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home